Team TAPS Army Ten-Miler Company Challenge
The Tragedy Assistance Program for Survivors (TAPS) is a heartfelt national non-profit veteran's organization that reaches out to the families and loved ones who have been impacted by a death of a loved one in the U.S. Armed Forces.
This October, TAPS will be participating in the Army Ten-Miler. During the event, Team TAPS pays tribute to the sacrifices made by our men and women in service to America, while raising funds and creating awareness to support the TAPS mission. Many of our runners, including children, are survivors who utilize these events in their healing process.
We are inviting a few select companies the opportunity to join our team. As part of Team TAPS, your company would have the opportunity to recruit at least 10 runners to participate in this annual moving and memorable tribute to our nation's fallen heroes and support the families who are left behind.
How do I get my company involved and participate with Team TAPS in the Army Ten-Miler?
- Commit to forming a team of at least 10 runners/walkers
- Inform staff
- Recruit members to participate in the Army Ten-Miler
What are the benefits to my company participating with Team TAPS?
- Company will be recognized at our annual Saturday evening Celebration Pasta Dinner
- Onsite race day recognition at our TAPS celebration tent
- Logo on Team TAPS website
- Company will be recognized in the Pasta Dinner Program
- Provides a life changing experience to your employees
- Promotes fitness and corporate wellness to your employees
What do my company's employees need to do to be a part of Team TAPS?
- Commit to registering to participate in the Army Ten-Miler through Team TAPS
- Sharing the message of TAPS while networking support for TAPS
What are the benefits to our employees participating with Team TAPS?
- The ability to be a part of a team
- The opportunity to be matched with a surviving military family and run in memory of a fallen hero
- An opportunity to be recognized as a top fundraiser for your company
- An opportunity for a life changing experience
- An opportunity for fitness and personal well-being
How does my company's participation benefit TAPS?
- Military Survivor Seminars, Workshops, Retreats, and Children's Good Grief Camps
- Crisis Intervention, Community Based Care, and Caseworker Assistance
- Toll Free, Fully Activated, Helpline...24 Hours / 7 Days a Week
- Online Community Website, Chat Room, Message Boards, and Forums
- TAPS Quarterly Magazine and Other Educational Publications
- Providing and facilitating a national military survivor peer support network to help support family, friends, and military personnel as they cope and recover